|By Sabotage Studio||6 days ago||
|By Darkpulse||6 days ago||
|By Elefant Studios||2 Dec||
|By o-motion||29 Nov||
|By Brett & Compagnie||28 Nov||
|By Sabotage Studio||27 Nov||
|By Rodeo FX||18 Nov||
|By lox31||16 Nov||
|By Elefant Studios||15 Nov||
|By Rodeo FX||14 Nov||
|By Brett & Compagnie||13 Nov||
|By Brett & Compagnie||5 Nov||
- Project: Dodge Dart "The Journey"
- Client: Union Adworks
- Role: Art Director
- Description: Working with Leviathan director and DK alumnus, Matt Daly, we created a 3D projection mapping piece to launch the next generation Dodge Dart. The set was composed of a series of cubes that would provide an opportunity for moments of graphic alignment in this case transitioning to a cityscape. This registration was then deconstructed once the car started moving. Creating the illusion of speed involved projecting moving reflections and wheels on the car. The stylized cg environments; a night time cityscape, tunnel, suspension bridge and hilly landscape were built to take the viewer on a surreal trompe-l'œil journey.
- Project: The Story of O
- Client: Not Applicable
- Role: Co-Director
- Description: This was a concept that I co-wrote and co-directed with Simon Mowbray, a frequent creative partner and ex-Radium founder at Ntropic for Oracle's Open World conference. The story features a daredevil action adventure tale featuring a character named "O". We follow "O" as he skydives, jumps, leaps and overcomes endless obstacles in the treacherous landscape of a world made of data. Oracle software is featured in clever metaphors depicting specific capabilities as "O" makes it to his final destination.
- Project: Pepsi Throwback
- Client: Not Applicable
- Role: Director
- Description: I directed this project for TBWA Chiat Day debuting a new formula made with natural sugar called Pepsi Throwback. The piece became a retro blast of 70's culture replete with star trails, video feedback, bubbles, rainbows, flowers and fluttering birds (unicorns were suggested but did not make the cut). Many hours were spent researching the analog techniques of the time to achieve this look. (We even entertained the idea of making a 3/4" dub). In the end, the color correction became a key factor. Here's a tip: add red to the shadows. Also I had to give lessons to our French Canadian model on "Go-Go Dancing 101". Her scenes were shot using the Red.
- Project: The Work of Tuesday McGowan
- Client: Not Applicable
- Role: Designer/Director
- Description: This is a compilation of my work as creative director, designer and director. My focus lies at the intersection of design-driven storytelling, live action direction and unconventional cg exploration. The pieces in this collection reflect my involvement in various ways from concepting, developing design ideas to directing live action.
- Availability: Freelance
- Member Type: professional
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.cargocollective.com/tuesdaymcgowan
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=22386789&trk=tab_pro
- CL Shortcut: motion.creativeleague.com/tuesday_mcgowan
- AIM: Tuesday McGowan
- Country: United States
Tuesday McGowan is an award winning designer/director. At westcoast vfx studio, Radium, McGowan served as creative director for 5 years before leaving to pursue more diverse creative opportunities. She brings over 15 years experience in motion graphics, having directed and designed projects for Target, MTV, ESPN, Comedy Central, Fuel TV and clients Adidas, Oil of Olay, and HP, to name a few. Her credits also include music videos for musical artists Sheryl Crow, The Heartless Bastards and The Greenhornes. A founding member and creative director of WIG, the graphics arm of Western Graphics SF, McGowan also directed live action projects for LA production company Picture Park and NY production company, Curious Pictures, where she created spots under the mentorship of directing collective Tomato. McGowan’s directorial and design work has garnered numerous awards, including several BDA Silver and Bronze awards and recognition in Communication Arts Design Annual, a 2009 Telly Award for Pepsi Throwback, a 2005 BDA Silver Award for “MTV’s Xbox, the 2005 IDN Annual for the ”Warren Brothers” music video, a BDA Silver Award and Communication Arts Design Annual Award for her film open “Curious Girl on the Run”, a BDA Silver Award for ESPN2 Friday Night Fights Broadcast Package, How Magazines Design Annual Honors for her open for “The San Francisco Shows ‘Oddball’ , a BDA Bronze Award for the Golden State Warriors Broadcast Package; the ITS Monitor Award for Levis Personal Pair Video. She was the Featured Designer in the 2010 edition of “Motion Graphics,” the prevailing university text for national design curricula. The multi-talented McGowan is also a photographer and musician who makes a routine of conceptual experimentation. Most recently, she participated as a judge for the San Francisco version of “Cut and Paste”, a contemporary design competition.